Welcome to the Advanced Design & Manufacturing Cleveland 2018 Speaker Center, designed to help speakers plan their engagements and promote their sessions. We are thrilled you will be presenting at our event!
Speaker Registration & Benefits
As a conference speaker, you receive a complimentary All Access Pass to the conference and expo – we take care of getting you registered so you don't have to. Upon arrival, you can retrieve your Speaker Badge at the Speaker Ready Room located in Room 2. Other benefits of speaking include:
- You receive one complimentary guest pass plus an additional 20% discount for clients and colleagues (unlimited use) by using the code SPKGST in the registration portal; you can begin circulating this discount through your network straightaway. Please contact your conference producer or operations lead to request a guest pass – you'll simply need to provide the guest's name, job title, company, phone number, and email address.
- You receive access to all onsite receptions, exhibitions, keynotes, co-located conference tracks, and sponsored programs.
- Your participation on faculty provides you and your company with professional exposure and is an opportunity to raise your profile within the advanced manufacturing and engineering community in the following ways:
- Your name, title, company, and biography will be featured on the Advanced Design & Manufacturing (ADM) Cleveland 2018 event website
- A chance to have your session promoted on all ADM Cleveland 2018 and affiliate Social Networks
- Speak about your latest innovations, expertise, and company’s leadership before some of the most influential engineers and press in the field
- Your contribution will make a positive impact on the engineering community by sharing your knowledge and expertise.
Important Deliverables & Deadlines
Please carefully review the following deliverables and deadlines required of all speakers. If you've already provided us with some or all of these items, please feel free to skip over this section.
- February 9th – Speaker Agreement Due – Download, review, sign, and submit the agreement. Click here to download
- February 23rd – Professional Bio & Photo Due – Photo should be 200x200 pixel, high-resolution preferred. Upload here. Please confirm that we have your photo and bio by visiting http://schedule.admcleveland.com/speakers. If your information is missing, email a high resolution photo and short bio to me so that we may feature you on our website.
- February 23rd – Presentation Slides Due
- March 2nd – Mobile Phone Number & Twitter Handle Due
- March 5th – Last Day to Submit Speaker Edits or Changes
- March 7-8, 2018 – ADM Cleveland 2018 Conference
Conference Operations Lead
Dawn Walton: (E) email@example.com (P) 516-668-1957
Center Stage Multi-Media Producer
Kara Kieffer: (E) Kara.Kieffer@ubm.com (P) 310-266-5245
Theaters Operations Lead
Heather Lobao: (E) Heather.Lobao@ubm.com (P) 310-445-4255
Richard Trunzo: (E) Richard.Trunzo@ubm.com (P) 310-857-7571
Presentation Requirements & Submission Instructions
ALL slide submissions MUST follow the requirements below. Speakers who fail to provide the materials correctly might not be considered for future speaking opportunities. Do not create slides for panel discussion participation unless instructed otherwise by your panel organizer.
- Presentations must be submitted in a PDF format (contact your operations lead if this is an issue for you)
- Download the Speaker Presentation Template and please use this as the PowerPoint template for your content
- Name the presentation file: FirstFiveWordsofSessionTitle_YourLastName.pdf
Submit your presentation below
Upload Your Presentation
You will upload your presentation here. Please review the submission instructions before you begin.
- Name your PDF file: FirstFiveWordsofSessionTitle_YourLastName.pdf
- In the description, please add the title of your session and your email address.
- Submit the final presentation in PDF format only.
** If you need to make revisions after you have submitted, please do not upload via the Box widget. Email revised PDF to Dawn.Walton@ubm.com or Heather.Lobao@ubm.com to avoid delays in the process and ensure the correct version is provided to attendees.
Standard conference session rooms will include the following:
- 1 Podium Microphone
- 1 Wireless Lavalier Microphone
- 2 Tabletop Microphones
- 1 LCD Projector With VGA Cable Connector
- Large Projector Screen (16:9)
- PC Laptop
Note that when conducting your presentation or participating on a panel, press may be present, including members of the Associated Press. Please be advised not to include confidential information in your discussion unless preceded by an "off the record" disclaimer.
Marketing & Pre-Show Promotion
By agreeing to speak, you have become a vital part of the conference and thus an important element of pre-event promotion. Here's how your involvement in pre-event promotion works:
- Social Media: If you're on social media, we hope that you'll socialize your participation and engage with your network about your speaking engagement at our event.
- Editorial Media: If you're willing and available, we hope that you'll give a pre-event interview by agreeing to speak with one of our staff editors about your scope of expertise and conference session. The world wants to hear about you and how you're influencing your industry. Don't miss the opportunity to get extra exposure by having a professional editorial piece written about you, as this content will be made public on our media sites and potentially included in our press releases.
- Note that our marketing and editorial teams will be promoting your participation through various media channels throughout the pre-event campaign. Please be prepared to have your name and professional photo used on our marketing platforms, including website, media blogs, and social media.
Social Media Tool Kit
Please refer the social media tools below to help you engage with your network.
- Event Hashtags: #ADMexpo
- Turnkey Twitter posts:
- Example 1: Excited to be speaking at the #ADMexpo on Center Stage on March 7th! See you there…
- Example 2: #ADMexpo is going to be the best yet! I'll be speaking at ADM Cleveland this March 8th on Next-Gen Wearables. See you at the conference.
Conference Room Location
Upon arrival, proceed through the front entrance of the convention center and locate your track room on the second floor to the right of the expo hall:
- Smart Manufacturing, Track A: Room 1
- Smart Manufacturing, Track B: Room 3
- Medtech: Room 4
- Battery Technologies: Room 5
Speaker Ready Room Location
To check-in and pick-up your badge, go to Room 2. The Speaker Ready Room is for speaking faculty and event operations to discuss logistics, conduct meetings, prepare for presentations, and/or meet fellow panelists. If you need to provide us with an updated copy of your presentation, you'll be able to find a staff member to help you here. The Speaker Ready Room is open from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM on March 7th and 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM on March 8th.
Center Stage Location
The pavilion is located at Booth 226. Through the main entrance proceed right through the main entrance past the lobby and make your way down the escalators to the expo hall. Proceed to the 200 aisle until you arrive at Booth 226. Once there, check-in with the Theaters Lead that you've been in touch with.
Lunch & Learn
If you're conducting a Lunch & Learn presentation for the ADM Cleveland audience on behalf of your sponsoring company, please go to Room 2 to get mic'd up and meet with the Director of Sponsorship.
There are a variety of parking options near the Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland and the Global Center for Health Innovation, including the Huntington Park Garage (entrances off Lakeside Avenue and West Third Street) and the Willard Park Garage (adjacent to City Hall, entrances off Lakeside Avenue and East Ninth Street). Additional parking options include metered street parking throughout downtown, large surface parking lots just south and west of the facility off West Third Street and West Sixth Street in the Warehouse District, and multiple parking garages along St. Clair Avenue, including the Kia Parking Center, Marriott, IMG Building, and the Galleria. Daily parking rates range from $4 to $18. Click here for more details.
Hotel & Accommodations
To help you make hotel reservations, ADM Cleveland 2018 has partnered with onPeak to offer a wide variety of hotels at the lowest rates available. Click here for more details.
To download the mobile app, search for ADM Cleveland 2018 in your app store on your phone. The mobile app provides access to the full conference schedule, Center Stage, MatchMaking, onsite activities, and the full list of exhibitors across all co-located shows.
Instructions for obtaining post-conference proceedings to be announced.
- Make sure to bring a copy of your presentation with you on-site.
- If you have any additional A/V request(s), contact Dawn.Walton@ubm.com or Heather.Lobao@ubm.com.
- Avoid sales pitches and commercial presentations. Experience shows that you will represent your company best by giving an educational, informative presentation.
- No sales/promotional handouts are to be distributed in the conference areas (including meeting rooms). Sales literature distribution is limited to exhibitor booths only. For more information or to learn about ADM Cleveland 2018 sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities, please contact ClientServices@ubm.com.